The first Australian postgraduate course of its kind that explores pivotal technologies and innovation in medical science
A curriculum co-designed with Australian industry experts for real-world application
Comprehensive course content to prepare you to shape the future of human health
100% online with support from enrolment through to graduation
The UTS Online Graduate Certificate in Medical Science Innovation is designed for professionals who are passionate about research and improving patient care. You might be looking to:
- Gain fundamental knowledge of medical technology.
- Learn how to stay at the leading edge of advancements in medical technology and innovation.
- Broaden your skillset to open up new career opportunities.
- Develop the ability to confidently use big data in the field of medical science.
- Be at the forefront of medical innovation and enhance your analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Study 100% online and flexibly around your work and life commitments.
Concepts relevant to a future-focused healthcare workforce
Develop a critical understanding of the effects of economic, political, social, and environmental factors and structures on organisation performance and the functioning of health systems.
Research and critically appraise medical technology solutions and advancements through real-life case studies.
Identify and advocate opportunities for organisations to optimise outcomes through medical technology advancement.
Explore precision medicine
Critically analyse new innovations, existing limitations and challenges in precision medicine.
Effective data management
Explore methods of analysing and managing big data, and the critical challenges for the field of science within the context of Industry 4.0.
To learn more about how these learning outcomes can help you advance your career, get in touch with our Student Enrolment Advisors.
The Graduate Certificate in Medical Science Innovation comprises 5 online subjects (24 credit points [CP] in total).
Complete the following subjects (24CP):
- Precision Medicine (6 CP)
- Innovations in Medical Technology (6 CP)
- Science and Big Data (6 CP)
- Global Health Systems (3 CP)
- Planetary Health (3 CP)
*Note: Most subjects at UTS are worth 6 CP but this can vary across courses.
On successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Medical Science Innovation, students will have the opportunity to progress to the Master of Medical Science Leadership
UTS Online courses have six intakes per year.
The diagram below shows all upcoming intakes, with the next intake highlighted in blue.
- Completion of a UTS-recognised bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a medical, biotechnology, biomedical, pharmacology, pharmacy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, audiology, nursing or biomedical engineering field.
- Biochemical and cell biology
- Biological sciences, n.e.c
- Biological sciences
- Biomedical engineering
- Chemical sciences
- Food science and biotechnology
- Forensic science
- General medicine
- Human biology
- Laboratory technology
- Mathematical sciences
- Medical science
- Occupational therapy
- Optical science
- Other health
- Public health
- Speech pathology
- A minimum of three (3) years professional work experience*
Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place.
* Relevant work experience is defined at ANZSCO skill level 1 – bachelor’s degree or higher) and is demonstrated through a CV or a Statement of Service outlining work experience and the dates of employment and position(s) held within the organization, demonstrating extensive work as a manager or professional, and the applicant’s ability to critically appraise their work.
Local applicants with international qualifications must satisfy English language requirements with an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall score of 6.5 and a writing score of 6.5.
For applicants without an Academic IELTS score, refer to the UTS Register of English Language Requirements Proficiency for other methods of satisfying the English Language requirements for the course(s).
For more information, schedule a 15-minute call with a Student Enrolment Advisor.
To assist with all or some of your tuition fees, FEE-HELP is available for eligible students. This government-supported loan scheme is designed to help eligible full-fee paying students pay their tuition fees.
To check your eligibility, feel free to speak with an Enrolment Advisor today.
Studying UTS Online’s Graduate Certificate in Medical Science Innovation may lead to roles such as:
- Clinical Operations Manager
- Clinical Trials Administrator
- Medical Advisor
- Medical Science Liaison
- Medical Technologist
- Medical Technology Consultant
- MedTech Advisor
- Product Development Manager
- Quality, Compliance and Innovation Partner
- Scientific Consultant
- Technology and Innovation Manager