Top 100 University Globally1
Informed by the latest APA Guidelines and the Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project
Accredited with conditions* by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) to provide the necessary qualifications to advance towards becoming a registered psychologist
1QS Rankings, 2024
*A student who successfully graduates from a program of study that holds APAC accreditation (either with or without conditions) at the time of their graduation is considered to have completed an APAC-accredited program of study.
The UTS Online Graduate Diploma in Psychology is suitable for professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds and industries with no qualification in psychology.
The average annual salary for psychologists, according to Burning Glass Technologies (2021).
Psychologists rate their role for job satisfaction, according to Seek (2022).
The principles of psychology you will learn in this course can be applied to a range of disciplines, including business management, marketing and public relations, education and training, health care, environmental science, sports performance, public service and safety, military and emergency services, and information technology.
(American Psychological Association, 2014)
To learn more about how these learning outcomes can be applied in your field of work, get in touch with our Student Enrolment Advisors
With the UTS Online Graduate Diploma in Psychology, you will have the capability to use the power of psychology to make a difference, whatever your field of work.
- Learn from experts at the leading edge of psychological science.
- Keep up with the latest science and technology.
- Study an internationally-relevant course aligned with the latest American Psychological Association (APA) Guidelines.
- Develop culturally-responsive skills in a curriculum guided by the Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project (AIPEP).
- Have flexibility to learn when it suits you with a course that’s been developed for the online learning environment.
Learn psychological approaches to the study of the mind and behaviour. Focus on core concepts and methods of psychological science, including theories related to biology, learning, cognition, motivation and emotion.
Social and biological influences
The mind is a complex system influenced by social and biological factors. Develop an understanding of the principles of learning and neuroscientific bases of behaviour, while exploring clinical case studies and experimenting with applied psychological techniques.
Historical perspectives and contemporary models
Critically evaluate historical perspectives and contemporary theoretical models of the development, classification, diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders. Learn how various socio-cultural factors and scientific developments have shaped dominant models of practice and apply your knowledge and skills to case examples.
Research, theory and ethical practice
Compare and contrast specific research methods and various types of research design to develop an understanding of what distinguishes the scientific approach from pseudoscience. Engage with key ethical issues, questions and principles that guide the work of the scientist-practitioner in psychology.
The UTS Online Graduate Diploma in Psychology is for professionals who want to effect positive change – whether it be in the lives of individuals, your workplace or the community.
Students of this course may come from various fields such as education, human resources, business management, accounting, communications, social work and counselling. The Graduate Diploma in Psychology is for professionals who are:
- From a diverse range of backgrounds and industries with no qualification in psychology.
- Have a passion for helping others and making a difference.
- Ready for a new challenge.
- Lead busy lives and are seeking work–life balance while studying online.
See entry requirements under course information for more eligibility information.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (exit only)
or, continue studying
earn your degree and consider further study
GRADUATE DIPLOMA (ADVANCED)
earn your degree
Complete the following subjects:
- Introduction to Psychology Foundations – 6 CP
- Introduction to Psychological Science – 6 CP
- Brain and Behaviour* – 6 CP
- Psychological Disorders and Interventions* – 6 CP
- Development Across the Lifespan* – 6 CP
- Research Methods and Theory in Psychology* – 6 CP
- Research Design and Analysis in Psychology – 6 CP
- Psychological Assessment, Ethics, and Professional Skills – 6 CP
- Society, Psychological Health and Wellbeing – 6 CP
- Cognitive Psychology – 6 CP
*Students who complete two of these subjects plus Introduction to Psychology Foundations and Introduction to Psychological Science will be eligible to exit with a Graduate Certificate in Psychology.