Above world standard for Excellence in Research in Australia for Public Health & Health Services¹
#1 Universities under 50 in Australia2
#11 Universities under 50 in the world2
5 stars for excellence across 7 categories3
¹ERA 4/5, 2018 ²QS Top 50 Under 50 2021 3QS Stars Rating, 2018-2021
What you will study
The Graduate Diploma in Public Health comprises all eight core study periods (48 credit points), and can be completed in as little as 16 months, studying part-time.
Studying these courses will provide you with applicable knowledge and skills to guide health policy recommendations across a variety of communities and contexts.
- Foundations of Public Health (3 CP) + Indigenous Public Health (3 CP)
- Global Health Systems (3 CP) + Planetary Health (3 CP)
- Social Perspectives in Public Health (6 CP)
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology (6 CP)
- Non-communicable Disease (6 CP)
- Communicable Disease (6 CP)
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics (3 CP) + Fundamentals of Qualitative Research (3 CP)
- Health Promotion (6 CP)
A pathway to a Master of Public Health
UTS Online’s Graduate Diploma in Public Health is made up of eight study periods, and can be completed in as little as 16 months. Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the opportunity to enrol into the Master of Public Health.
Upcoming study periods
UTS Online courses have six intakes per year. The diagram below shows all upcoming
intakes, with the next intake highlighted in blue.