Get ahead with a qualification from Australia’s number 1 young university^
Designed in collaboration with Microsoft and industry in response to an acute talent shortage in tech consulting
Input from consulting and tech firms such as Avanade, Capgemini and EY
Learning tailored to your needs, with multiple electives and 100% online delivery
^Times Higher Education Young University Rankings, 2022
Drive the digital transformation of global business
The average annual salary for technology consultants (Burning Glass Technologies, 2022).
The projected growth for technology consultants by 2032 (Burning Glass Technologies, 2022).
Additional workers needed to join the tech sector by 2025 (Tech Council of Australia, 2021).
Studying the Graduate Certificate in Business Consulting and Technology Implementation may lead to roles such as:
- Functional Consultant
- Business Consultant
- Technical Consultant
- Supply Chain Consultant
- Technical Delivery Manager
- Solution/Technical Architect
- Senior Application Consultant
- Customer Engagement – Tech
To learn more about where this course can take your career, get in touch with our Student Enrolment Advisors.
With the UTS Online Graduate Certificate in Business Consulting and Technology Implementation, you'll be equipped with flexible skillsets that will enable you to play multiple roles as a business consultant.
- Enhance your career prospects and your professional future as an IT/business applications consultant
- Enter an in-demand career, shaping technical solutions that leverage the most innovative Microsoft technologies
- Gain an opportunity to put learned skills into a real-world consulting project with input from professionals from industry such as Avanade, Capgemini and EY
- Experience networking opportunities while learning with, and from, your future professional peers
- Customise your learning and electives to meet your upskilling and career goals
Utilise information technology, business and communication theoretical and technical knowledge to select methodologies and configure appropriate solutions to complex problems.
Critical thinking, creativity and analytical skills
Apply advanced critical thinking and analytical skills to evaluate information, develop creative insights and make recommendations for business and operational improvements.
International and intercultural engagement
Demonstrate sensitive and critical understanding of intercultural aspects of professional practice in local, national and global contexts.
Critically reflect on Indigenous Australian contexts to inform professional cultural capability to work effectively with, and for, Indigenous Australians in business consulting contexts.
Ethical decision making
Apply principles of ethics, sustainability and social responsibility to decision making in a professional context.
Communication and interpersonal skills
Employ interpersonal skills and communication strategies to effectively engage and influence diverse stakeholders at multiple levels.
The UTS Online Graduate Certificate in Business Consulting and Technology Implementation is suitable for:
- Professionals from a variety of backgrounds who are looking to reinvigorate their careers on an accelerated timeline. Gain in-demand skills and confidence to transition into a new role.
- Individuals who are looking to upskill their current capabilities to be able to provide expertise on technology solutions and implementation.
- Future leaders seeking a role with greater responsibility. Strengthen your tech and consulting-based skills to foster long-term career growth.
- Recent graduates seeking direct entry to a high demand technology career. Those new to the workforce will have the opportunity to build their professional network and unlock future employment opportunities.
- Individuals looking to build foundational knowledge of the features and capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform, further developing their ability to identify and contextualise how to best support business operations.
- Individuals who are passionate about using technology to drive meaningful change. Use technology to build better, more sustainable business processes and practices.
See entry requirements under course information for more eligibility information.
For more information, download your course guide or speak with an Enrolment Advisor.
Speak to an Enrolment Advisor Download a course guide
Complete the following core subjects:
- Stakeholder Engagement and Storytelling – 6 CP
- Application Implementation with Microsoft Dynamics (3CP) + Business Processes (3CP) – 6 CP
- Technology Consultation Studio – 6 CP
Complete two of the following elective subjects:
- Supply Chain Essentials - 3 CP
- Accounting Practices & Tools - 3 CP
- Delivering Customer Value - 3 CP
- Foundations of Business Analytics - 3 CP
Business consultants are required to understand the tools available to implement technology requests when discussing business change and innovation with clients.
In this course, students will be introduced to Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications with a focus on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) processes as well as the fundamentals of Microsoft Power Platform including Microsoft Power BI for business intelligence analytics. These platforms enable consultants to advise on technological solutions for their clients by providing the tools to create simple yet effective business applications.
Graduates will have the technical skills to advise on business applications that will empower organisations to achieve operational excellence and deliver great results.
Want to learn more about this course?
Not only do we have the right tools to help you in your studies, but we also have a team of student support advisors who care about your success.
Speak to an Enrolment Advisor Download a course guide
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies. Academic qualifications considered include a Bachelor’s degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master’s degree.
Applicants without an academic qualification will be considered for admission if they have a minimum of four (4) years full-time, or equivalent, relevant post-secondary work experience and a general capacity to undertake tertiary education*.
*Relevant work experience is defined from within the ANZSCO groups – 01 Managers, 02 Professionals, 03 Technicians and Trades Workers, 04 Community and Personal Service Workers, 05 Clerical and Administrative Workers, 06 Sales Workers AND demonstrated through a C.V. and a Statement of Service confirming the dates of employment, and the position held within the organisation.
Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place.
The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64 with a writing score of 50; or C1A/C2P: 176-184 with a writing score of 169.
To assist with all or some of your tuition fees, FEE-HELP is available for eligible students. This government-supported loan scheme is designed to help eligible full-fee paying students pay their tuition fees.
To check your eligibility, feel free to speak with an Enrolment Advisor today.
This UTS Online course has six intakes per year.
The diagram below shows all upcoming intakes, with the next intake highlighted in blue.