Gain experiential learning via clinical placements
Deliver specialised care in child and family health, driving change where it matters most
Study a contemporary curriculum informed by leading industry experts
Accelerated and supported study at a university that’s passionate about your success
The UTS Online Graduate Certificate in Child and Family Health is for midwives and nurses looking to:
- Support new caregivers as they transition to parenthood and provide compassionate, evidence-based care in the early childhood setting
- Build upon their existing knowledge to provide high-quality care, service and support to families
- Take their learning to the next level and gain hands-on experience in community-based family health centres with UTS’s leading industry partners
- Transfer their experience into a meaningful career in child and family health
- Complete a postgraduate certification and develop the skills to support and instil confidence in new parents caring for a newborn and/or young children
- Broaden their career opportunities with a rewarding and in-demand career in child and family health
See entry requirements under course information for more eligibility information.
The need for high-quality, equitable care is now. Care must consider the social and cultural needs of the individual. With a range of career pathways available, you can deliver change where it matters most.
Fastest growing sector
Health and social assistance is Australia's largest and fastest-growing sector
2 million employed
Over 2 million people are employed in the sector
15.8% employment growth
Health and social assistance is Australia's largest and fastest-growing sector, with employment projected to grow by 15.8% over the five years to November 2026.
Labour Market Insights, 2022
Studying UTS Online’s Graduate Certificate in Child and Family Health may lead to roles such as:
- Child and Family Health Practitioner
- Team Leader in Community Setting
- Midwifery or Nursing Educator
- Midwifery or Nursing Researcher
The requirements to work as a child and family practitioner vary throughout Australia. This course has been designed to meet the guidelines for NSW. If you are based outside of NSW, please ensure this course fulfils the requirements of the governing health body in your local state or territory before applying.
Practice where it matters most
Develop a philosophy and practice that puts child and family health in focus. Gain an understanding of family strengths and vulnerabilities to enhance your ability to support children and families to survive and thrive.
Evidence-informed and reflective practice
Create lasting change in child and family health through evidence-based philosophy and practice. Learn to critically reflect on your practice to deliver high-quality, inclusive care, guided by evidence.
Develop an ethical and collaborative family-centred approach to healthcare. Gain the knowledge and skills to focus on the unique and individual needs of children and families. Apply your understanding of social and cultural diversity, informed by an ethical and collaborative perspective.
The Graduate Certificate in Child and Family Health comprises 4 online subjects (24 credit points [CP] in total).
- 090001 Foundations of Child and Family Health (6CP)
- 090002 Family and Community Health in Practice (6CP)
- 090003 Growth and Development in the Younger Child (first 1,000 days) (6CP)
- 090004 Growth and Development in the Older Child (the preschool years) (6CP)