Learn from leading academics and industry experts at Australia’s #1 young university1
Be prepared for a rich career in psychology
Informed by the latest APA Guidelines and the Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project
A step in your pathway to becoming a registered psychologist
1QS Top 50 Under 50, 2021
The UTS Online Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) is suitable for professionals who are wanting to prepare for a rich career in psychology – whether it be in a clinical, educational or business setting, community or support services, or as a researcher.
The average annual salary for psychologists, according to Burning Glass Technologies (2021).
Psychologists rate their role for job satisfaction, according to Seek (2022).
Studying this course may also lead to a range of new roles such as psychologist, clinical psychologist, neuropsychologist, counsellor or researcher.
With the UTS Online Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced), you will have the capability to use the power of psychology to make a difference, whatever your field of work.
- Learn from experts at the leading edge of psychological science.
- Keep up with the latest science and technology.
- Take a world view with course content based on the latest American Psychological Association (APA) Guidelines.
- Become a culturally-responsive professional by undertaking a curriculum guided by the Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project (AIPEP).
- Be on your path to becoming a registered psychologist or researcher.
- Have flexibility to learn when it suits you with a course that’s been developed for the online learning platform.
Theory and practice
Demonstrate knowledge of psychological theory and practice in local and global communities. Reflect on the knowledge, skills and attributes required for the evaluation and integration of emerging evidence into practice.
Psychological science and research
Apply knowledge of psychometric theory to the implementation and interpretation of widely used psychological tests, and complete an independent research project and thesis demonstrating advanced knowledge of qualitative or quantitative research methods and data analytic techniques.
Employ appropriate values and ethical standards in psychological research and practice.
Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, including interpersonal and interview skills appropriate to psychological practice.
The UTS Online Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) is for professionals who want to build a career in psychology to drive positive change in communities, organisations and the lives of individuals.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be eligible to apply for your master's degree in psychology. Once you are enrolled into your master's, you will be eligible to apply for provisional registration with the Psychology Board of Australia.^
See entry requirements under course information for more eligibility information.
^UTS is currently seeking APAC accreditation.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (exit only)
or, continue studying
earn your degree and consider further study
GRADUATE DIPLOMA (ADVANCED)
earn your degree
UTS Online’s Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) comprises 6 subjects.
Complete the following subjects:
- Psychological Science Career Readiness – 6 CP
- Advanced Professional Skills and Ethical Issues in Psychology – 6 CP
- Advanced Psychological Assessment and Intervention – 6 CP
- Advanced Research Methods – 6 CP
- Research Project A – 12 CP*
- Research Project B – 12 CP*
*Subjects are double the weighting and duration of the standard 6 CP subjects.